Friday, August 20, 2010

Settings for viewing PC through TV?

I know this is a rather simple thing to do and I was well aware of how to with older OS e.g. XP and Vista however I am not sure about Windows 7. I have ordered a DVI to HDMI cable which should be arriving in a few days and would like to be prepared for when it arrives.





Preferably I would like to be able to view the PC content on both my TV and my PC monitor at the same time.





Help anyone?





Thanks.Settings for viewing PC through TV?
Shame you didn't mention which video card your using. If its an Nvidia get the latest driver and install, then right click the desktop and click nvidia control panel, go to the options for setting up multiple displays. There is usually two options one to have both screens display the same and one to display as an extended desktop which in effect gives you more working space so you can drag stuff from one screen to the tv. Best to choose the first one if you want to play movies as the extended desktop causes problems when trying to run a movie or game full screen.


The ATI graphics work in a similar way are a little more involved.
  • computer security
  • skin rashes
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment