Friday, August 20, 2010

How to with overly strict parents?

I know I might seem like an average teenager, but I really don't know what to do. I get good grades, and I have never gotten in trouble. Yet my parents still don't trust me at all. While my friends are allowed to stay out till midnight and go downtown alone, I get interrogated when I asked to go to the convenience store two blocks from my house.


The main problem is that I really want to go to a concert, because it is only at 5:30. I was so excited when my mom agreed to let me go with a friend, and I bought the tickets. Today I found out she will only let me go if I don't go to prom. Sneaking out is out of the question. She won't let me go to other people's house unless she talks to their parents, and she thinks I will sneak out.


What can I do?How to with overly strict parents?
Just do as your told.


When you turn 18, you can move out and go where you want.How to with overly strict parents?
this may not be what you want to hear but I suggest you do as your parents wish. I think that w/them you will see that the reason for them being strict is sound and logical. Be patient, Wait and you will be rewarded fro your patience. Have you talked them....seriously about your concerns? there may many variables that are unknown to you, try to find them by talking w/your parents.....Personally, I don't think good grades are enough to allow you out. Try to find the reason why, Good Luck!
seems that's a very tough situation, why don't you just take a sit with them and tell them what you really feel about these things. i think they will understand 'cause they've been to that age too.





don't worry everything has its own reason and time,just try to do the right things and don't rebel 'cause you're on the right track. soon they will realized there mistakes. :p
how old are you?





im sure she trusts you. she just doesnt trust other people.


to be honest, you can be the best kid in the world and im sure ur mom knows this.


but there are so many whackos out there who can ruin things, u have to be extra careful.





get a job and cell phone so maybe she can keep track of u better when you're out. she just wants you to be safe.
You need to sit down your parents and talk to them. Tell them that these years are never going to be given back to you and if they will not let you go to prom then they're basically stealing your childhood.
1) Lie...say you have to do a project or somethin


2)REBEL
tell them you hate them and threaten to commit suicide... if that doesnt work kill them... worked for me
Try putting your foot down. I get so sick of hearing how parents want to control their teens. It's disgusting. Yes, you need guidance if you're a minor and yes they should know what you're doing and who your friends are. You seem like a good kid to me and I think making good grades should count for something. You're at an age where parents need to start letting go some and trust that what they have instilled in you will stick. Letting you have more choices helps you to become more self confident. I find that those who had really strict parents watching their every move were those who didn't have a lot of self confidence in their decision making as adults. They felt they had to do everything exactly the way mom and dad wanted them to just to please them for the rest of their lives. As long as they know where you are and they give you a time to be home by, then I don't see a problem.
in tell you are 18 you have to what they say.that's the way it's is.you have to look at there point of view these days it hard to keep your kids safe. so they are doing what they know how to do.by keeping a eye on you.i know you would like to be like the other kids but have you though that there mom's and dad's don't care about what happens to there kids.it true most of your mom' and dad's don't care were the kids are.if you had to ask them were is there kids they could not tell you.that's why they do what they do.be because they love you and they just wont to keep you safe ok.so don't be so hard on them they are doing the best they can.if you wont more free med then you need to prove to them you can be trusted.so work on that and see what happen's ok.your friend fred
Wow. i feel as if i'm the same with as you are. I'm fifteen goin on 16 in 3 weeks, and i came to a conclusion, it really depends on how much you want to go to any of those events.





If you really want to there is no other way about it, except breaking the rules, i know you will get found out, but whe you get in trouble , n matter how strict the parents will and can't be mad forever.





sorry, i want to play life by the rules, but you can't be controlled forever, and i chose to persue my desire's, just don't let it affect the rest of your life, you may feel the urge to break more rules and be an 'average' teen once you do this.





- Good Luck, I say go to that concert and Go to prom if you want to.
Well, if the deal is that you can go to the concert or you can go to the prom, you need to pick. If you want to go to the prom, can you get your money back or sell the tickets to the concert?


Yah, it doesn't seem fair that your mom didn't let you in on the ';one or the other'; situation before you bought the tickets, but it is what it is. Stick with what you know is right - not sneaking out, keeping up your grades, etc. Soon enough you will be on your own.
Talk to her. Maybe she would like to go to the concert with you. They sound like good parents to me. It isn't that they don't trust you it is they also were young once and they also know that most teens will cave in to their peers. It's called ';peer pressure.'; Your parents are protecting you and you should be very glad that they care this much. Not all parents care what their kids are doing.





Just sit down with her and tell her that you really want to do both and is there a way that it could happen? She may work with you when she sees that both events are very important to you. If she stands her ground then go to the concert. Later on see if she might relent and let you go to the prom under her conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment