Friday, August 20, 2010

How to with Apache, mySQL, phpMyAdmin and WHM?

If I setup my Apache Server at home, first, how do I get the updates for the Apache Server as they come out (is there an automatic way, does Apache update itself or do I have to do this manually?), and second, how do I configure it for ';Failover'; to a second machine at home here (or even a remote server) or both ?


How do I install phpmyadmin, mysql, and an admin panel like WHM?


Also, I have three desktop systems 4 gb ram 2+ ghz etc.. and want to set up RAID 1 on one I'll be using as a server. What do I need, I.E. seperate storage, raid card, different network adapter, cables, software? Is one network adapter better than the other that would work better for a server application and another better for a RAID 1 application? I have been to most of the various sites regarding how to set up a home server, none of which addressed these questions I know it can get expensive and I know it can be done on a budget, Could someone please give me a few examples?


Thank you!How to with Apache, mySQL, phpMyAdmin and WHM?
Have you looked at:





http://www.apachefriends.org/en/index.ht鈥?/a>





which has apache, mysql, and php/ phpmyadmin install all at once?





Cpanel/whm install instructions are most likely given to you after you buy:





http://www.cpanel.net/purchase/cpwhm_pri鈥?/a>





But to install mysql and phpmyadmin is easy if you're installing by itself. Just follow the instructions.





Might want to look into:





http://webmin.com/





I've never done the raid, so can't answer you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment